|Acrolinx for Visual Studio Code||1.0|
What You Should Know Before Installing
Before you install Acrolinx for Visual Studio Code, make sure that you have the following software installed:
|Microsoft Visual Studio Code||1.7 or later|
Check our compatibility guide if you want to know if Acrolinx for Visual Studio Code works with your local platform and with your Acrolinx platform.
IntroductionYou can use Acrolinx for Visual Studio Code to include content quality in your content creation process.
To get started, review the following tasks and concepts:
Supported file types:
Here's how to install Acrolinx:
- In a browser window, open the Acrolinx downloads page and sign in.
- Download the .vsix file Acrolinx for Visual Studio Code sidebar edition .
- Open Visual Studio Code and navigate to Extensions from the Activity Bar.
- Click More . . . in the Extensions view.
- Select Install from VSIX... .
- Locate your downloaded Acrolinx for Visual Studio Code .vsix file and click Open .
- After a few moments, you'll see a notification and you can reload your window.
To update Acrolinx, you need to download and install the new version. You don't need to remove the older version first, just follow the install procedure above.
Show the Sidebar by clicking in the title area. You can show a separate sidebar for each Visual Studio Code window that you open.
Connecting to an Acrolinx Server Without HTTPSTo connect to an Acrolinx Server without HTTPS, follow these steps:
- To use the sidebar from your Acrolinx server, set the Acrolinx server address in your user settings. To configure the address of your Acrolinx server, navigate to View > Command Palette... , then type and select Open User Settings to open your settings file.
- Add the parameter acrolinx.serverAddress and the server address that you received from your administrator. The server address should resemble <PROTOCOL>://<SERVER_ADDRESS>:<PORT_NUMBER> , for example: "acrolinx.serverAddress": "http://smarttech.acrolinx.com:8031:"
- Save the file and restart Visual Studio Code.
Connecting to an Acrolinx Server With HTTPSIf you're connecting to a secure server, you can change your Acrolinx Server address by signing out and signing in again. Sign out from the slide-out menu in the Sidebar.
(Optional) Preset the Address of the Acrolinx Server
If your users have multiple extensions, you can distribute and preconfigure the Acrolinx extension as an automated task. Administrators can configure user and workspace settings. The user (and workspace) settings are stored as a .json file as documented here . If every user should use the same settings, you can create the user setting file once and copy it to all other computers.
You can also add the configuration to the workspace settings file (for example, git project) and preset the server address for users that way.