If you've previously hosted an Acrolinx Server onsite, but you've chosen to move to an Acrolinx Cloud hosted solution, you probably have a few questions.
- How long does migration take? Once we’ve configured your Acrolinx Cloud hosted server and received your data, migration usually takes about a week. It typically goes in four steps:
What do we migrate? We migrate all custom settings, all users, all terminology, and all reporting data. The only difference from your current onsite Acrolinx instance, and your Acrolinx Cloud hosted instance will be the URL you use to access the Acrolinx Server. All other settings and data will be available.
What do we need to start migration? We need your Acrolinx Server data. Sometimes these files can be quite large, therefore we require you to either use our file sharing service called Hightail, or you’ll need to provide an alternative method for us to receive the files.
What exact files do we need? In order for Acrolinx Support to migrate your current Acrolinx Server data to the cloud hosted solution, we typically require three important files:
- Migrate all configuration and user data (1 day).
- Migrate all terminology (1 day).
- Migrate all reporting data (1 day).
- Testing (1 (day)
Can I have a seamless migration from my onsite Acrolinx server to an Acrolinx Cloud hosted server? Absolutely. Acrolinx Support can coordinate with you to make the final migration steps occur over the weekend. This means they will request an Analytics Backup as late as possible in order to minimize any checking data loss.
Is there anything else I need to know? If you’re using an Acrolinx Server that has configurations directly in the installation directory, it may be the case that we’ll require a zipped up copy of your Acrolinx installation directory. Acrolinx Support will discuss this directly with you if they identify an issue.
- A Support Package from your Acrolinx server (Dashboard > Maintenance > Create Support Package. Click the generated link to download the file and send it to us).
- A Terminology Backup from your Acrolinx server (Dashboard > Terminology -> Import and Export > Database Backups then clicking 'Create New Backup'. Click the generated link to download the file and send it to us).
- An Analytics Backup from your Acrolinx server (Dashboard > Analytics -> Administration -> Database Backups then clicking 'Create New Backup'. Click the generated link to download the file and send it to us).