So, What Are Content Groups?
Content groups let you create logical collections of your content that reflect how you think about your projects. For example, you might want to group all the content published on your blog or all the content from your marketing department.
You can then view and compare aggregated metrics by content group.
Define your content group using a range of criteria, such as, department or language.
What Can I Use Content Groups For?
You can track content groups in the Content Quality, Business Value, and Checking Activity dashboards. It's a way to classify checks into content collections, such as blogs, product marketing texts, or item descriptions for an e-shop. Acrolinx identifies which document belongs to which content group by the path and name that is sent by the integration.
How Acrolinx calculates the benchmark and records the checks for a content group.
The Average Acrolinx Score
Acrolinx calculates the average Acrolinx score for a month on the last check results. It doesn't matter if the last check was performed in the same month or earlier.
For example, the content group SHOP in the chart above shows the average Acrolinx Score in March as 77, these are the values that Acrolinx uses to calculate the score:
- 80 - The last check of Item 1, performed in February.
- 85 - The last check of Item 2, performed in March.
- 65 - The last and only check of Item 3, performed in February.
The Benchmark Value
For each content group, you can set a benchmark with a start and end time. The average Acrolinx score of all checks for that content group within that period becomes the benchmark value. Acrolinx includes only content that was checked after the start time you've set.
In the chart above, you can see that the time period set for the content group PRODUCT MARKETING is highlighted purple. Only the Acrolinx scores within that highlighted area are taken into account for the benchmark value.
Creating a Content Group
You can create content groups in the Analytics Administration section in the dashboard. You define each content group by different criteria.
For example, to create a Product Marketing content group, you can choose the Product Marketing Writing Guide as the criteria for defining your content group. Make sure that the criteria you choose match existing content or content that's going to be created.
To create a content group, follow these steps:
- Navigate to
- Click to add a content group.
- Enter a name.
- Choose one or more criteria:
Important: Choose your criteria carefully, since later changes only apply to new checks. If you change your criteria later, you might need to run a batch check on the content in that content group.
- is a list of Acrolinx user roles.
- can be a path to a folder on a file system.
- is a list of content types you've defined in your custom fields.
- is a list of all the writing guides and checking profiles you've set up on your Acrolinx server.
- is a list of all the languages available on your Acrolinx server.
- The content group is initially empty - content that matches your criteria is added to the group with the next check. If needed you can run a batch check to include all content at once. You can use the Content Analyzer or the Command Line Checker to run a set of checks.
Important: The content groups that you create aren’t retroactive and only include content that's checked from the creation date forward.
- After you've added some content to a group (by running some checks) you can set a benchmark, to analyze the group for a selected time period. To set a benchmark for your content group, click SET BENCHMARK .
Setting a Benchmark
A content group's benchmark is the average Acrolinx score of all the content in a content group for the selected period. You can change the time period that you select for your benchmark, and calculate a new benchmark for that content group. Note that you can only set a benchmark for content that you've checked already.
To set a benchmark, follow these steps:
- Select a start date and an end date. Make sure that these dates are somewhere between the creation date of the content group and the current date.
Important: Content groups only include content that's checked from the day you create the content group. We can't calculate the benchmark from a time before you added the content to the content group.
- Click SET BENCHMARK .