|Acrolinx Sidebar edition for Google Docs||1.3.1|
|Acrolinx Sidebar edition for Google Sheets||1.3.1|
What You Should Know Before Installing
|Chrome||56 or later|
|Acrolinx server||4.5 or later|
Check our compatibility guide to find out if other versions of Acrolinx for Google Docs and Google Sheets work with your local platform and with your Acrolinx platform.
To get started, review the following tasks and concepts:
If you're working with a shared document, you need to have the access type Can edit . Acrolinx doesn't work when you have one of the access types Can comment or Can view .
The Acrolinx add-on is publicly available on the Google add-on store, so you can install it just like any other add-on.
Here's how to install Acrolinx:
- In Google Chrome, open a Google document.
- Select the option Add-ons > Get add-ons in the Google menu.
- In the Search add-ons field, search for "Acrolinx".
- In the search results, find the Acrolinx add-on and click Free to install Acrolinx.
- A message will appear requesting access to specific data that the add-on needs to work. Read this message carefully and click Accept .
You don't need to do anything to update Acrolinx for Google Docs and Google Sheets, it happens automatically.
Acrolinx is available as soon as you open a document, but you'll need to show the Sidebar before you can start checking.
Acrolinx doesn't work consistently in the Suggesting mode in Google Docs, because Acrolinx can’t distinguish between content from a previous revision and content from change suggestions. To check your content switch to the Editing mode.
The interface language of the Sidebar appears in either English, German, French, Swedish, or Japanese depending on your Google account language preferences. To change the language in the Sidebar, you need to change the language in your Google account.