In addition to the Acrolinx Server software package, you also need an Acrolinx linguistic resources package to complete the installation. You need GNU tar to unbundle the server package and an unzip utility to unzip the resources package. When executing the Acrolinx installer scripts, you should also use a POSIX-compliant shell such as Bash.
To install Acrolinx for the first time, follow these steps:
- Verify that Java is installed and that your shell environment finds the correct Java installation.
- Ensure that the maximum number of open files for the user account where the server will run is at least 4096.
- Use GNU tar to unbundle the software package.
- Run the Acrolinx Server installation script.
$ cd <INSTALL_DIR> $ bash ./installer.sh
- When prompted, review and confirm the installation parameters.
- Unzip the linguistic resources package into the Acrolinx server directory that was created during the server installation.
- Run the installer script with the prepling option to prepare the linguistic resources for use on a Unix-based operating system.
$ cd <INSTALL_DIR> $ bash ./installer.sh -prepling
- Start the servers by running the start scripts in the <INSTALL_DIR>/server/bin directory.
- Log on to the Dashboard and install the license.
Please review detailed steps for any further information.