When you install Acrolinx, you use separate installers for the server components and the linguistic resources.
To install Acrolinx for the first time, follow these steps:
- Verify that Java version 7 or higher is installed.
- Make sure that all other programs are closed and that the network connection is active.
- Open the Microsoft installer file.
Select the setup type that best suits your requirements.
If you select Typical, the installer installs one core server and two language servers. This option is recommended for most environments. If you select Custom, you can configure what to install. This option is recommended for distributed installations or if you want more control over the installation. If you select Complete, the installer installs one core server and six language servers. This option is only recommended for demonstration purposes.
If you select the setup type Typical or Complete, the host name of your computer is automatically configured as the server address.
(Only if you selected the "Custom" setup type) Configure the custom installation parameters.
Tip: To deselect the core server or language servers, click the relevant server icon and select Entire feature will be unavailable from the menu that appears.
- To define a new installation directory, click Browse and select a new directory.
- To install both the core server and the language servers, click Next and follow the instructions in the installation wizard.
- To install only the core server, deselect the language servers, click Next and follow the instructions in the installation wizard.
- To install only language servers, deselect the core server, click Next and follow the instructions in the installation wizard.
When you are prompted to enter the language server address, ensure that the address is a computer name, symbolic name, or IP address. The core server cannot use the address localhost to contact a language server on another computer.
- To install the SEO server, select the SEO Server, click Next and follow the instructions in the installation wizard.
In the Ready to Install panel:
- Click the Back button to review or change the settings.
- Click the Install button to start the installation process. The installer copies the Acrolinx Server program files into the installation directory