|Acrolinx Server||4.3, 4.4, 4.5, 4.6, 4.7, 5.0, 5.1, 5.2|
linguistic resourcesas a
- Remove your existing server and guidance package
- Install the new server
- Reinstall your existing guidance package
- Confirm that your configuration directory is still configured correctly
To remove your existing server and guidance package, follow these steps:
- Acrolinx guidance package for (your company)
- Acrolinx Server (version number)
When the guidance package uninstaller prompts you to remove the terminology database, select the option to leave the terminology database in its current location.
Installing the Acrolinx Server
To install the Acrolinx Server, follow these steps:
Open the Microsoft installer file.
The file AcrolinxServerV<VERSION_NUMBER>B<BUILD_NUMBER>.x<ARCHITECTURE>.msi starts the installation.
Select the setup type that best suits your requirements and follow the instructions in the installation wizard.
For more detailed information on installing the Acrolinx server, see the Acrolinx Server Administration Guide .
Reinstalling the Guidance Package
To reinstall the guidance package, follow these steps:
Run the guidance package installer and follow the on-screen
Ensure that you select the option to keep your existing terminology and reporting database.
- At the last installation step, the guidance package installer provides the option to start the servers upon exiting the installation procedure. This option is selected by default.
Confirming That Your Configuration Directory Is Configured Correctly
To confirm that your configuration directory is configured correctly, follow this step:
Confirm that the location is the same location as the configuration directory in your previous installation.