|Acrolinx Plug-in for Microsoft Word||All versions|
|Microsoft Office 2010||All versions|
You cannot install the Acrolinx Plug-in for Microsoft Word even though Microsoft Word 2010 is installed. The installer displays the error message that the plug-in requires Microsoft Word 2003 or higher.
You are using an unsupported edition of Microsoft Office such as Microsoft Office
Click-to-Run editions do not offer full add-on support and thus cannot be used with an Acrolinx plug-in.
- You are trying to install a 32-bit version of the Acrolinx plug-in for a 64-bit version of Microsoft Office or vice versa.
- You do not have administrator privileges when installing the Acrolinx plug-in.
Resolving the ProblemDepending on the cause of the problem, there are different solutions:
- Follow Microsoft's instructions for converting your Click-to-Run Office version to an MSI installation .
Install matching versions of the software.
- Install a 32-bit version of the Acrolinx plug-in for a 32-bit version Microsoft Office.
- Install a 64-bit version of the Acrolinx plug-in for a 64-bit version of Microsoft Office.
- Install the plug-in as an administrator.