|Acrolinx Plug-in for Microsoft PowerPoint||All versions|
|Microsoft Office||All versions|
You cannot install the Acrolinx Plug-in for Microsoft PowerPoint even though Microsoft PowerPoint is installed. The installer displays the error message that no compatible version of Microsoft PowerPoint is installed.
This issue can have multiple causes. The causes also depend on the plug-in version you are using:
You are using an unsupported edition of Microsoft Office such as Microsoft
Office Click-to-Run of Microsoft Office 365.
Click-to-Run and Office 365 editions cannot be used with an Acrolinx plug-in version 3.2 or lower.
- You are trying to install a 32-bit version of the Acrolinx plug-in for a 64-bit version of Microsoft Office or vice versa.
- You do not have administrator privileges when installing the Acrolinx plug-in.
Resolving the ProblemDepending on the cause of the problem, there are different solutions:
- Follow Microsoft's instructions for converting your Click-to-Run Office edition to an MSI installation .
- Use a supported edition of Microsoft Office. Version 3.2 of the Acrolinx plug-in does not support Click-to-Run and Office 365 editions.
- Upgrade to version 4 of the Acrolinx plug-in. Version 4 supports Click-to-Run or Office 365 editions of Microsoft Office 2013. However, version 4 does not support Click-to-Run or Office 365 editions of Microsoft Office 2010.
Install matching versions of the software.
- Install a 32-bit version of the Acrolinx plug-in for a 32-bit version Microsoft Office.
- Install a 64-bit version of the Acrolinx plug-in for a 64-bit version of Microsoft Office.
- Install the plug-in as an administrator.