|Acrolinx Server||5.4, 5.5|
|Download an archived version of this article for versions 4.3 to 5.3 .|
linguistic resourcesas a
You might install two instances of the Acrolinx Server on the same computer if your organization requires that the Acrolinx Server is online at all times. If you have two instances of the same installation, users can switch to the second instance when the first instance is temporarily offline for maintenance. Every time a user switches between installations, they must enter their user details again.
To run two instances of the Acrolinx Server, your computer must be configured with two IP addresses.
To install two instances of the Acrolinx Server on one computer, follow these steps:
- Install two instances of the Acrolinx Server and your guidance package in separate directories.
During the installation procedure, edit the installer.parameters file and ensure that both installations are installed with distinct IP addresses that match the IP addresses configured for your computer.
- Request the relevant licenses from the Acrolinx licensing team.
When requesting the licenses, inform the Acrolinx licensing team that the licenses are for a computer that is running multiple instances of the Acrolinx Server.
- If you already have a license for the computer where you are installing multiple servers, request a second license with a different server ID.
- If you do not have a license for the computer where you are installing multiple servers, request two licenses for the same computer but specify that the licenses must have different server IDs.
- Install a license file for each installation.
The second installation must contain a license file with a server ID that is different to the first installation.
- In each installation, open your overlays of the core server and language server property files:
You can find the overlays of these files in the following directory:
- In the coreserver.properties file, update the following properties:
In the ls-<NUMBER>.properties files, update the following properties:endpointListenHost=<INTERNAL_SERVER_ADDRESS>
In the analyticsserver.properties file, update the following properties:com.acrolinx.jreport.internal.listenHost=<INTERNAL_SERVER_ADDRESS>
The placeholder <PUBLIC_SERVER_ADDRESS> should be the same as the address configured for the core server property endpointHost .
The placeholder <INTERNAL_SERVER_ADDRESS> should be the same as the address configured for the core server property internalEndpointHost .Remember: If you are adding a second installation to a computer with an existing installation of Acrolinx, ensure that you update the core server properties of the existing installation and restart the core server.
- Start the servers for the required instance of Acrolinx.