You enable server-side segmentation by configuring your client software to include XML or HTML markup when sending text to the Acrolinx Server and to use the CSD files that are stored on the server instead of the local computer.
To enable server-side segmentation in your client application, follow these steps:
- Configure the property useServerSideXmlExtraction so that your client uses the server-side CSD files.
- If you are using the Acrolinx Java API, ensure that you configure your client application to send the property useServerSideXmlExtraction=true .
- If you are using the Acrolinx Batch Checker, add the property useServerSideXmlExtraction=true to your system properties file.
For more information, see the topic 'Activating Server-Side Segmentation' in the Acrolinx Batch Checker User Guide .
- Configure your client application to send the contents of XML files as text.
You make this configuration to prevent the client from stripping out the XML markup before it is sent to the server.
- If you are using the Acrolinx Java API, ensure that you configure your client application to set the property input_type=text when checking XML files.
- If you are using the Acrolinx Batch Checker check XML files, add the extension .xml to the file type Text in the Manage File Types dialog box.