To export a terminology file, follow these steps:
- In the Navigation Menu , click Terminology > Import and Export > Export
- In the File Options section, enter a file name.
Choose one of the following file formats:
- ACTIF to export a file in the native Acrolinx terminology exchange format.
- Custom to export into any XML-based format used by other terminology management solutions.
- CSV to export a delimited text or CSV file.
- OLIF to export an OLIF file.
- (Follow this step only if you selected the Custom XML format option) Select a Transformation option from the Transformation Dropdown in the Format-specific Options .
(Follow this optional step if you selected the CSV format option)
to configure the
advanced CSV options
Tip: The default value delimiter for CSV files is a comma. In most cases you do not have to change the advanced CSV options. The default CSV options are sufficient to export most CSV files. Check the advanced CSV options to export your CSV file with another value delimiter.
- Locate the import file using the Browse button.
Use the radio buttons to select an item in the
Saved Export Configurations
If you are exporting for the first time, the saved export configurations table is always empty. For more information about saved import configurations, see the topic Managing Import and Export Configurations .
Term Filter Selection
, you can use the
to define the range of terms you want to export.
If you have not used a Filter before, see the topic Using the Filter first.
to define your filter criteria, or click Open to use a saved filter.
Tip: Column selections do not have any influence on the output file. Export files always contain the full range of data for each term within the filter scope.
- Open the Filter Menu to define your filter criteria, or click Open to use a saved filter.
- Click Finish .
- In the Export Finished dialog which displays, right-click the download link and choose Save Target As to download your file.
- (Optional) Click the Save Export Configuration button to save your filter criteria.