Contributing Terms with a URL
You can allow your users to contribute terms using a URL with which automatically fills out the fields on the term contribution page.
Developers can use this functionality to integrate the term contribution feature into your internal systems.
For example you can perform the following actions:
- Add term contribution links to pages within your intranet.
- Predefine the values of certain fields such as 'domain' or 'product group' based on context or the identity of the user.
- Update the URL parameters for the term contribution link based on the values entered for the most recently contributed term.
URL Format and Restrictions
The term contribution url has the follow format:
In many cases, users must first log in to the term contribution page after opening the term contribution URL. You can use the parameter userid to ensure that the User ID field is automatically filled out when the user reaches the Logon page.
If you have multple-choice fields on your term contribution form, you can prefill them by adding the same field parameter mutiple times. For example, if you have a field called applicableProduct you could use the following URL prefill the field with two values widget001 and widget002 :http://demo-inc.acrolinx.com:8031/termcontribution.html?surface=term%20name&language=en&applicableProduct=widget001&applicableProduct=widget002
Reserved characters such as '=' and '&' must be escaped with a backslash when they are part of a field value.
To submit the term 'R&D', escape the ampersand:
To submit the term 'Copy\Paste', escape the backslash for a second backslash:
The following restrictions apply when contributing terms with a URL:
- Users can only submit information for fields which are defined in the term contribution template.
When referring to a field or a list item in a URL parameter, you must use the
rather than the display name.
Example: To set the language as Chinese, enter the parameter language=zh
Case is ignored when processing URL parameters.
- You cannot submit information for a custom field which has the same name as a system field.
A term contribution URL which contains invalid URL parameters can still function correctly. Any invalid URL parameters are ignored and logged .