Logging On as a Term Contributor
To contribute a term you must first log on as a term contributor. Your server administrator should have provided you with login details and the appropriate role required to contribute terms.
To log on as a term contributor, follow these steps:
Access the term contribution page by using a web browser to open
( <SERVER_ADDRESS> is the IP address or host name of your Acrolinx Server)
The Logon page appears.
- Enter your User ID and Password .
- (Optional) Change the Interface language .
- Click Log On.
About the Term Contribution Page
When you first log on as a term contributor, the following page is displayed.
The standard view of the term contribution page has the following parts:
|Term field||Enter the name of the proposed term.|
|Language dropdown||Select the language of the proposed term.|
|Domain dropdown||Select the domain of the proposed term.|
|Comment field||Add a comment to the proposed term.|
|Submit button||Submit the proposed term.|
Contributing a New Term
To contribute a new term, follow these steps:
- Customize the template to allow more settings to be displayed and changed .
The Term Submitted page is displayed.
- (Optional) Click Submit Another Term to return to the term contribution page.
What Happens after a Term is Contributed
Proposed terms are normally reviewed by terminologists, subject matter experts and technical editors. Unlike the term contributor, these users have regular access to the Dashboard and the Terminology Manager.
By default, all contributed terms have the Status proposed in the Terminology Manager . The information in the Comments field can be used to gain additional information about a contributed term.
For additional information about the reviewing and editing of terms see the Acrolinx Terminology Manager User Guide .
You can use comments to provide additional information on a proposed term or explain why a term should be included in the terminology database. You can also use comments to discuss the validation of existing terms with other users. You can add multiple comments to the same term, and each comment can contain up to 3000 characters.
You can add comments in two ways:
- With the Comments field on the add comment page
Adding Additional Comments
To add comments to existing terms, the following requirements must be met:
- You must have a role with the privilege Add comments to existing terms
- Your administrator must update your term help template to support comments
To add an additional comment to an existing term, follow these steps:
- Open the Acrolinx Term Browser.
- Search for the term you want to edit.
Open the term help and click
Tip: The appearance of the Add Comment link may vary depending on how your administrator has configured your term help template.
- (Follow this step if you are not already logged into the Add Comment page) Log on with your User ID and Password .
- Enter your comment in the text box.
Activate the checkbox
that your terminologist can easily find your new comment.
The Request review option is available if the Terminology Manager was configured correctly. If the Request review option is not available, your terminologist must configure the Process Status field to include the status review requested .
- Click Submit .