|Acrolinx Server||4.3, 4.4, 4.5, 4.6, 4.7, 5.0, 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, 5.5|
With Core Platform version 5.6, SEO is no longer part of the Acrolinx Platform. This means, you won’t see SEO as an option in the Sidebar. If you still use the classic edition, the SEO feature won’t work when you connect to 5.6 or later.
Before you can optimize the keyword usage in documents to improve the SEO performance of your content, you must install an Acrolinx SEO server, configure your Acrolinx Server, and enable SEO checking in the plug-ins.
Requirements for Using Acrolinx SEO
The availability of SEO functionality depends on your license and what Acrolinx software you have installed.
- You must have an Acrolinx Server version 3 or higher.
You must have a supported Acrolinx plug-in.
The following plug-ins are supported:
- Acrolinx Plug-in for Adobe CQ, version 3 or higher
- Acrolinx Plug-in for Apache OpenOffice Writer, version 3.3 or higher
- Acrolinx Plug-in for Arbortext Editor, version 3.1 or higher
- Acrolinx Plug-in for Corena Studio, version 4.1 or higher
- Acrolinx Plug-in for JustSystems XMetal, version 3.2 or higher
- Acrolinx Plug-in for MadCap Flare, version 4.0 or higher
- Acrolinx Plug-in for Microsoft PowerPoint, version 3.2 or higher
- Acrolinx Plug-in for Microsoft Word, version 3 or higher
- Acrolinx Plug-in for Oxygen XML Editor, version 3.0 or higher
- Acrolinx Plug-in for Serna XML Editor, version 4.1 or higher
- The Acrolinx SEO feature must be enabled in your license.
Installing and Configuring the Acrolinx SEO Feature
By default, the Acrolinx SEO Server is installed during the standard installation of Acrolinx Server on both Windows and Unix.
After the installation, you must start the SEO server in the same way that you start the core server and the language servers. It is not necessary to configure your Acrolinx installation for the SEO feature.
The SEO Server and the SEO-enabled resources are installed with a set of default rules and configurations for SEO checking. However, to achieve the best results in the individual customer environment, it might become necessary to further customize these resources. The Acrolinx linguistic team is responsible for setting up and customizing the SEO-relevant resource configurations.