You can create reuse repositories by importing sentences from a text or TMX file. This feature is useful if you already have an externally validated file which contains sentences that you want to add to a new reuse repository .
What You Should Know before Importing Sentences
- When you add harvested sentences from a sentence bank, you can add new sentences to existing repositories. When adding sentences from an import file, you can add sentences only to a new repository which you create during the import process.
- Unlike adding harvested sentences, no linguistic intelligence is used to group sentences. You will have a cluster for every sentence in the import file.
- Text files must contain one sentence per line and TMX files must contain only one sentence per segment. If a line or segment contains more that one sentence, the affected line or segment is ignored and logged. If a sentence contains special characters it might be interpreted as two sentences and ignored .
Importing a Text or TMX File
To import a text or TMX file, follow these steps:
- Open the page Reuse > Repository Tools > Import Sentences .
- In the File Options , select the desired File format
- (Follow this step if you are importing a text file) Select the Encoding .
- Locate the import file using the Browse button.
The Import Preview page displays the first few rows of your import file.
Confirm that the preview of the import file looks correct and click
If you are importing a text file and some characters are not rendered correctly in the import preview, click Back and adjust the Encoding field.
- In the Repository Options , select the Repository language and enter the Repository name .
- (Follow this step if you are importing a TMX file) In the TMX language dropdown, select the language of the sentences to import.
The Import Summary page is displayed.
The import begins and a progress bar displays underneath the Navigation Menu until the import operation completes.
- You can also use the Progress page to see more details on the import progress and estimated completion time.
- You can continue to use the Dashboard while the import is running.
- Verify that the import was successful by viewing the import log messages .
- (Optional) Click Start New Import to import another file.
Viewing Import Log Messages
The Dashboard features a generic inbox for viewing log messages for any tasks that run in the background. This inbox is located at the top right of your screen in the Dashboard Menu .
Large import tasks run in the background while you continue to use the Dashboard . When the import is complete, an unread envelope icon displays next to the Messages menu item in the Dashboard Menu which indicates that you have a new import log message.
To open an import log message, follow these steps:
- Click the Messages menu item in the Dashboard Menu .
, click an unread message.
The Log Message Window opens and a summary of the import is displayed in a text box.
Download Detailed Import Log
at the bottom of the
Log Message Window
to download a complete log of the import.
NOTE: All import log messages are removed from the Messages Window when the Acrolinx core server is restarted. However, the detailed log files are still stored in the server output directory. For more details ask your Acrolinx Server administrator.