Acrolinx Server - Version 4.6.1
(03 March 2016)
Custom user information wasn't saved properly for people who have their e-mail address as their user ID
Over here at Acrolinx, we have everyone ever their e-mail address as their username. A lot of you do too. The problem was, custom user information wasn't saved properly for people who have their e-mail address as their user ID. For example, if you have people enter their department before they start checking with Acrolinx, that information wouldn't get saved. We've fixed his now so that Acrolinx stores custom user information properly for people who use their e-mail address as their user ID.
Checking for SEO wasn't possible when the SEO server ran on the same computer as the core server
Although you can distribute your Acrolinx installation, many people install all Acrolinx server components on the same computer. However, in this scenario, the SEO server couldn't communicate with the core server. With all communication cut off, the SEO server couldn't do its job, and it wasn't possible to check for SEO issues.
The technical reason was that the SEO server connection was rejected when it tried to use host name "localhost" to connect to the core server. We've fixed this now, so that the host name "localhost" is accepted. The SEO server can connect to the core server and SEO checking works fine again.
Acrolinx Server - Version 4.6 (18 December 2015)
In this version, we've added some new features and functional enhancements that focus on giving you a better terminology management experience.
You can now search for a term within a filtered term list
When you filter for terms, you might want to refine that filter with a keyword search. Previously, you had to open the filter criteria menu again and add a new criterion. Now, it's much easier. There's a new search field in the filter bar that you can use to search within a filter. For example, you could filter for the domain "product names" and then search for "T-1000" within that filter.
You can now search for empty multiple-choice fields and combine criteria with the "AND" operator
When filtering for multiple-choice fields, it’s now possible to search for fields where nothing has been selected. Also, you can now search for multiple values within multiple choice fields. This also includes domains. For example, you can now search for terms that have the domain "product names" AND the domain "marketing".
You can now share a saved filter with other users
Suppose that you're managing different lists of terms for different projects. You'll probably want to save those lists as filters and share them with other people who are working on the same projects. You now can share your filters with anyone as long as they have a role that contains the "term edit" privilege. You can also share your filters with anyone who uses the Term Browser in the same way.
You can now identify terms that might have contradictory statuses
If you have several different departments who contribute terms to your terminology database, you might run into the occasional difference of opinion. For example, your techdoc team hates the term "awesome" and thinks it should be deprecated. However, the marketing team loves this term and has it set to preferred. Now, we've improved Acrolinx to help with this problem. If you use "classic" Acrolinx plug-in, you would now see "awesome" highlighted with the color for multiple flags. If you clicked the flag, you would see information for both instances of the term in the shortcut menu. We've also added a "See also" reference to the Scorecard that directs you to the other instance of the term with the contradictory status.
We now display warning box when unlinking a term
When you try to unlinking a term from a term entry, we now display a warning box to make sure that you definitely wanted to do that. This helps to prevent you from unlinking terms by mistake. These kinds of mistakes were often very difficult to undo. Now, you get an extra chance to think twice.
You no longer lose your search terms when you change the search scope from "Term" to "Domain"
When you entered some text in the "Search or create" field and changed the scope from "Term" to "Domain", the text would be cleared from the search box. We've changed the behavior so that the text stays.
Terms with the language "mul" are now included in your search results when you use the Term Browser’s translation view
Terms with the language "mul" (Multiple Languages) are supposed to be valid for all languages and non-translatable. When you search for terms in a specific language, you'll also get terms with the language "mul" in your search results.
The SOAP API is logged as deprecated
We will disable the SOAP API in two releases which will be around Summer of 2016. All calls to the SOAP API are now logged in
so that we can identify any clients that still use the SOAP API.
We've resolved the following issues in this release:
Missing suggestions for term replacements
For some terminology issues, Acrolinx didn't provide suggestions when a suggestion was normally expected. This issue occurred for inflected verbs.
Problems creating a conceptual field
When creating a conceptual field in the terminology manager, the field was instead created as a term-specific field. This occurred even when people selected the field type "conceptual".
Web browsers crashed when deleting large batches of terms
Web browsers often crashed when trying to delete more that 1000 terms in the Dashboard - even without the linked terms.
It was possible to empty terms which had undesirable consequences
It was possible to create an empty term in the Dashboard which resulted in some strange and unpredictable behavior which mostly involved obscure error messages. We've changed the Dashboard so that it will prevent you from creating an empty term.
Mangled layout for Japanese Scorecards
The layout and spacing in Japanese Scorecards was messed up and didn't look nice.