The Acrolinx add-on is publicly available on the Creative Cloud add-on store, so you can install it just like any other add-on. See the instructions on installing the Acrolinx add-on for Creative Cloud in the Acrolinx help center.
If your company's IT policy doesn't allow writers to install Adobe Creative Cloud software using the Creative Cloud Desktop application, you can also install the add-on manually using the Extension Manager command-line tool (ExManCmd).
1. Download the ZXP file of the add-on:
- Log onto your Adobe account and browse to the web page for the Acrolinx add-on.
- Go to the section "Where to find it" and use the link "Download Using Extension Manager" to download the ZXP file.
2. Follow the steps in the article Install third-party extensions in the Adobe help center:
- Download the Extension Manager command-line tool as zip file.
- Extract the files as described.
- Open the Windows command-line with option "Run as Administrator".
- Run the Extension Manager command-line tool (as Administrator) to install the add-on. See the Adobe help center for the available Extension Manager command-line options .
As result you'll see the Acrolinx add-on as additional folder, for example for Windows in C:\Program Files x86\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions \ com.acrolinx.sidebar.adobe.cc