If you resize your browser window with your mouse, the Acrolinx Chrome extension tries to be smart and stay centered on the screen. Sometimes this feature overcompensates and the sidebar floats off to the left of the screen and gets stuck. If this happens, the Sidebar becomes unusable.
For now, we've got a workaround to get the sidebar back on your screen. In a future update of the browser extension, we'll try to make the auto-centering feature more robust so it doesn't wander astray to the left.
Here are the steps for getting the sidebar back to the center of your screen:
- Right click on the sidebar and select Inspect.
- In the DIV 'acrolinxFloatingSidebar', locate the negative values for 'left' and 'top' position. In this example, '-150px' and '-30px.'
- Double-click on each of the values and remove the '-' (negative) symbol. The values now read '150px' and '30px.'
- Drag the sidebar to the center of the screen.
- Close the Developer Console and continue to work with Acrolinx.